A term you've probably heard countless times in your life, most of us have at least, in popular culture, media, movies, books and maybe even classes.
The thing is, the term aphrodisiac is too general to really give us much insight into how the herbs or foods are even working in our bodies.
Really, all 'aphrodisiac' means is that at some point in human history, that substance has encouraged libido, arousal and/or enhanced pleasure.
It doesn't tell us how or when we might choose one over another.
And there are a multitude of herbs that fall into this category.
So, how do you decide which ones are right for you?
Well, instead of just glossing over a list of herbs, today's episode covers 5 core areas that are keys to enhancing your pleasure, and examples of herbs in each.
This way, you can reflect on your own personal experience of pleasure and your body's individualized needs to narrow down which herbs may be most helpful for YOU on your personal pleasure path.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- why not all aphrodisiacs are the same
- how to begin exploring your individual needs and why that matters
- 5 core areas to enhance pleasure from an herbal perspective
- brief descriptions of herbs in each of these categories
- some ways to work with these herbs you may not expect
- Episode 18: Uterine tonics
- Episode 19: The importance of softening the pelvis
- Episode 27: Sex, relationships + psychedelics
- Episode 28: Rhythms of your womb
- Episode 29: Jade eggs + the practice of pleasure
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs (affiliate link) - globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs
- Mountain Rose Herbs (not an affiliate link)
- Pacific Botanicals - California-grown and globally sourced herbs
- Banyan Botanicals - Ayurvedic herbs
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.