Cultivating stress resilience + menstrual health using simple nutrition + lifestyle changes
with holistic nutritionist and menstrual health coach Pirita Hilton
Your cycle is a vital sign.
A clear signal that can help you understand the map of optimal health (or not) in your body.
When you see symptoms coming up, anything from PMS to irregular cycles to menstrual pain to fertility challenges, that’s your body saying ‘it’s time to make a change.’
But what changes do you make?
Especially if your symptoms are vague or “subclinical” (meaning not quite at the level of diagnosable), you may feel lost and confused on what steps to take first.
If you’re living in the modern world (how are you reading this if you’re not?), then it’s quite likely that chronic underlying stress is a part of the picture, so that’s likely a great place to start.
But when we talk about stress, what do we mean?
The reality is that stress is NOT just having to rush your kids to school or get a project done by a deadline. You may also be living with chronic internal stressors like blood sugar imbalance, chronic inflammation, or digestive issues.
It’s not just external stress that messes with your hormones, it’s also internal stress.
And holistic nutritionist and menstrual health coach Pirita Hilton shares all about her personal embodied experience of reaching a level of stress that felt like burnout, which included completely losing her menstrual cycle for a whole year, intense migraines, horrible acne and just feeling completely exhausted.
And how she found her way back to vitality and menstrual cycle wellness.
She also lays out some basic lifestyle habits that have replenished her and her clients, and a couple specific ideas you can get started with today.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How chronic stress, perfectionism, over-exercising + “clean” eating can lead to menstrual health problems
- Why it’s so important to pay attention to that inner voice of wisdom inside you
- All about internal and external stressors and how those impact your hormones
- A 5 pillared approach to encouraging optimal hormonal health
- 2 simple practices to nourish your nervous system you can start today
- Learn to track your cycle to understand what your body is telling you: Track Your Cycle free guide
- Episode 5: Are you ovulating? How to tell (and why it matters
- Episode 17: How stress messes with your hormones
- Episode 38: Your cycle is a vital sign
- Episode 41: How nature connection can reduce stress + burnout
- Episode 50: Adaptogens + your hormonal health?
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.