How nature connection can
calm stress + reduce burnout
with functional medicine health coach Efan Hsieh
Bare feet on earth.
Time with trees.
All of these practices may seem simple (and they are), but they also have the potential to affect your body, your mind, and your spirit profoundly.
And today, functional medicine health coach Efan Hsieh shares all about not only some nature connection practices that may be beneficial to ease stress and burnout, but also the science behind how they do what they do.
Chronic stress (and burnout) can have a tremendous impact on your hormonal health.
And in this modern world, almost all of us are faced with these at some point in our lives (if not constantly!). So having tools to reduce or ease our stress is essential.
Nature connection is one of those tools.
Listen to today's podcast to learn:
- what nature connection is and how it can support a healthier stress response
- how stress and burnout mess with your overall health
- some specific practices you can start with that are easy and accessible
- the physiology behind how sunlight impacts your sleep rhythms
- the science of "earthing" and how barefoot walking supports you
- how electromagnetic frequencies impact your health
- ways to practice nature connection in cities or rural places
- Episode 8: Seasonal cycles in the earth and our bodies
- Episode 17: How stress messes with your hormones
- Book: 'The Nature Principle' and 'Vitamin N' by Richard Louv
- Book: 'Eat for Energy' by Ari Whitten
- Book: "Coyote's Guide to Connecting with Nature (2nd ed)" by Jon Young, Evan McGown + Ellen Haas
And if you want to learn more from or work with Efan, check out the links below!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.