What’s your cycle telling you?
Just like breathing, heart rate, temperature and blood pressure, your menstrual cycle is an essential function that offers clues and insights into how your body is doing.
A vital sign.
And what’s especially interesting is that our menstrual cycles are not just a momentary look at overall health and wellness, they’re actually a barometer of the past few weeks, or months, or even years of our lives.
They’re a glimpse into how we’re doing OVER TIME.
And when we learn to listen to the intricacies of our cycles, we not only cultivate a deeper relationship with the wisdom of our own bodies, but we can then use the knowledge we gather to more effectively tend our hormonal, cyclical and whole body health.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- what it means for your menstrual cycle to be a vital sign
- why medical professionals have also incorporated this into their practice
- how to start listening to your own cycle
- how your cycle can tell you about your overall health
- what key things to look for as indicators of health imbalances
- when it's most important to track your cycle
- Free step-by-step guide to get you started tracking your own cycle
- Lisa Hendrickson Jack's book: The Fifth Vital Sign
- Episode 5: Are you ovulating? How to tell (and why it matters)
- Episode 23: Your body on birth control
- Episode 26: Premenstrual breast or chest tenderness?
- Episode 34: What if your womb was an altar?
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs* (globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs)
- Pacific Botanicals (California-grown and globally sourced herbs)
- Banyan Botanicals (Ayurvedic herbs)
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
- Zack Woods Herb Farm (VT)
- Healing Spirits (NY)
- Sawmill Herb Farm (MA)
- Oshala Farm (OR)
- Meetinghouse Farm (ME)
- Sonoma County Herb Exchange (CA)
* affiliate link (I would only ever become an affiliate for a company I already trust and buy from myself, you can always google it and get there on your own if you'd prefer not to use my link)
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.