It's the first day of your period, your moon, your bleeding time.
What do you do?
If you're like many, it's probably just a day like many others with the added need to make sure your have menstrual products to capture your blood, and possibly something to medicate the pain away or deal with other symptoms.
Or maybe you honor this time in some way already.
Maybe it's a time of rest, a day out of time, a time you embrace as something more meaningful than just "a period."
Our cycles are powerful, and the days we bleed hold a special quality.
Even if we experience challenging symptoms, can offer connection to a slightly altered state that allows us to connect more deeply to our inner womb wisdom.
But in order to experience the power of this time more completely, we have to intentionally offer ourselves the space, time and presence to do so.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- why your period is far more than just "that time of the month"
- how to engage meaningfully with your menstruation
- how our cultural misunderstanding of menstruation leads to our perceptions
- practical ideas to incorporate rest into your menstruation
- suggestions of various rituals you can explore during this time
- specific foods and some herbs that are key for replenishing your body
- Get the Cycle Superpowers chart inside the free Track Your Cycle Guide
- Episode 22: Herbal spotlight on stinging nettles
- Episode 28: Rhythms of your womb
- Episode 34: What if your womb was an altar?
- Episode 35: From endometriosis to pregnancy with Sarah Shapiro
- Episode 36: Herbal approaches to blood building
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs (affiliate link) - globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs
- Mountain Rose Herbs (not an affiliate link)
- Pacific Botanicals - California-grown and globally sourced herbs
- Banyan Botanicals - Ayurvedic herbs
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.