A fertility story...
from endometriosis to pregnancy
with nutritionist + herbalist Sarah Shapiro
What is a fertile body?
And how do our societal narratives limit what's possible for us when we're trying to conceive?
Nutritionist + herbalist Sarah Shapiro shares all about her personal four year journey to cultivating optimal fertility in her body that started at 36.
And in contrast to conventional medical wisdom which says that 35 is some kind of fertility cliff,
she was healthier than ever when she finally conceived at 40 years old.
Along the way, she discovered that the extremely painful periods she had been experiencing her *entire* life were actually NOT normal, and likely pointed to endometriosis which seems to have been the primary reason she experienced fertility challenges to begin with.
The truth is that she flipped the script on what we're told about fertility, avoided surgery that was offered to her to remove endometrial lesions, and conceived a healthy babe with the support of nutrition, supplements, herbs, mindset + more.
Listen in to hear:
- how fertility is not just about being a certain age
- why learning the signs + symptoms of endometriosis is important even if you're not TTC
- Sarah's path to fertility through nutrition, lifestyle, herbs, mindset work and more
- the importance of listening to YOUR inner guidance (whether TTC or not)
- understanding fertility as a whole health issue
- how impactful healing your relationship with your cycle + womb can be
Extra Resources for you:
- Step-by-step free guide to Track Your Cycle Naturally
- Try this free Womb Embodiment and Clearing Meditation
- Episode 5: Are you ovulating? How to tell (and why it matters)
- Episode 17: How stress messes with your hormones + menstrual cycle
- Episode 29: Fertility rituals, womb wisdom + the mystery of time with Caroline Ashurst
Resources Sarah mentioned in the podcast:
- Naturopathic Fertility Program: The Holistic Fertility Institute
- Book: The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- Fertility coach: Rosanne Austin - From Maybe to Baby
- Fertility Mindset program: Organic Conceptions
And if you want to learn more from or work with Sarah herself, check out the links below!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.