Vaginal Steaming? The art + practice of herbal steaming for pelvic health
with vaginal steam facilitator Julia Demillones Moore
Whatever name you use for this practice, it's likely you've heard of it, and maybe even tried it.
Or... maybe this concept is totally new to you.
At the most basic level, it's like making a strong tea and sitting over it with a bare pelvic floor.
Almost as simple as it can get. And really, it's ancient.
Steam itself is one of the easiest ways to receive benefits from herbs (especially aromatic ones).
And truly is an underused form of hydrotherapy that was likely practiced by MOST of our ancestral lineages.
But over the past few years, there's been a bit of a vaginal steaming revolution.
It's a deeply healing practice that has many benefits,
and certified vaginal steam facilitator Julia Demillones Moore shares all about it.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- basics on how to steam + some simple herbal combinations to try
- what kinds of conditions benefit from steaming (hint: A LOT)
- when you definitely want to avoid steaming
- what the best times of your cycle are to steam
- some reasons you may want to be cautious or work with a practitioner
- 3 common myths + misconceptions about steaming
- a simple tip on how to steam when you're traveling!
- Episode 5: Are you ovulating? How to tell (and why it matters)
- Episode 10: Traditional womb healing practices with Sondra Hamilton
- Episode 19: The importance of pelvic softening with Chaya Leia Aronson
- Vaginal Steaming World Map
- Dr Laurena White's work at the Eudaimonia Center
- More on Monika Valová training midwives in Czech Republic hospitals on vaginal steaming during labor
- Info on certification program for vaginal steaming through Steamy Chick (Julia's affiliate link)
And if you want to learn more from or work with Julia, check out the links below!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.