Homeopathy, hot flashes + the menopausal transition
with homeopath and integrative health consultant Ruth Hull
Okay, so real talk... how much do you know about menopause?
If you aren't in the midst of peri-menopause, or already through menopause, my guess is not much.
For some reason, our western culture is fairly obsessed with preparing us for fertility and childbirth, but completely neglects to acknowledge the massive transition that is menopause.
I mean, most of us have heard of hot flashes, and we know that our cycles will eventually stop, but that's almost the entirety of common knowledge around this time of our lives.
And unfortunately most medical doctors don't have much to offer us than hormone replacement, and really, that's even become less common because of some potential risks.
It's like we all just don't know what to do.
Enter natural remedies.
Whether it's herbs, acupuncture, nutrition or homeopathy, there are actually lots of potential ways to both relieve your symptoms and prevent future ones.
In this week's episode, homeopath and integrative health consultant Ruth Hull shares how homeopathy (which is a very subtle but powerful natural therapy you'll learn all about) can be helpful specifically for hot flashes, and for other common symptoms of menopause.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- what homeopathy is (believe me, it's commonly misunderstood)
- how to determine what remedy is specific for your condition
- resources to support you in choosing your own remedies
- a little about hot flashes and the menopausal transition
- all about three different kinds of hot flashes and which remedies are perfect for each
- how homeopathy can support you with the burn out, fatigue and depletion you may experience in menopause
- why changing your perception of this time of your life may help
Resources Ruth mentioned in the podcast:
- Book: Pocket Manual Homeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory by William Boericke
- Online resource: Hpathy.com
And if you want to learn more from or work with Ruth herself, check out the links below!
Connect with Ruth:
Ruth trained as a homoeopathic doctor, has worked in natural health for over 23 years, has written four health-related textbooks used in colleges worldwide, and also teaches anatomy, physiology and pathology.
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.