Easing into menopause...
how to prepare your body for a graceful transition
with acupuncturist + Chinese herbalist Dana LaVoie
Most of us think of the menopausal transition as something that happens later in life.
...in our 40's. After our childbearing years are completely over. As our fertility wanes.
And while that's partly true, there's another part of the story.
The reality is that our bodies are always changing, from the time of menarche (first period) all the way through menopause (12 months after our last period).
And instead of looking at these times as defined phases, acupuncturist Dana LaVoie speaks about the gradual shift of hormones that begins as early as our twenties and continues into our forties and fifties until they stabilize post-menopause.
There is SO much we can do along the way, no matter how young we are, to support a gentle transition.
Listen to today's episode to learn:
- how to know if you're approaching the menopausal transition
- why you might want to start preparing your body (and mind) for the menopausal transition as early as your 20's
- how traditional Chinese medicine differs from common conventional medical in treating peri-menopause
- ways that herbs, foods, and lifestyle can support the menopausal transition no matter how old you are
- basics on the traditional art + practice of incorporating tonic herbs into your life
- FREE step-by-step guide to track your cycle with fertility awareness
- Episode 5: How to tell if you're ovulating
- Episode 17: How stress messes with our hormones
- Episode 30: 5 herbal pillars for vibrant hormonal health
- Episode 33: Homeopathy for hot flashes with Ruth Hull
And if you want to learn more from or work with Dana herself, check out the links below!
Connect with Dana:
Dana LaVoie, a licensed Herbalist and Acupuncturist, has spent 20 years helping women choose natural remedies that match their hormones over time, so they can get rid of menopause symptoms & signs of aging and feel like themselves again.
Her goal is to help one million women over 35 live their ideal lives, free of hormonal symptoms, and feeling like themselves naturally by 2030.
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.