From menarche to menopause (and even sometimes beyond), we live in the cyclic flow of reproductive and generative hormones like estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, prolactin, and more.
Our ovaries and brains are involved, and not surprisingly, our hormones are impacted by almost everything we do, including our stress, our sleep, our activity levels, our food, and even our exposures to environmental toxins.
There's really nothing in our lives that doesn't somehow impact our hormonal health.
That said, from an herbal perspective there are some foundational pillars that can support overall hormonal well-being, which I prefer NOT to call balance, and instead to think of as a vibrant and healthy "dynamic flow."
Listen to this episode to learn:
- why I don't like to refer to hormonal health as "balance"
- how preventative herbal approaches are essential in hormonal health
- 5 foundational keys to supporting your hormones
- why I consider softening to be an essential component and what this means
- what Ayurveda teaches us about nourishing our sexual + reproductive organs
- Gardening for your menstrual health (free guide)
- Dandelion Love recipes (free collection)
- Episode 11: Herbal spotlight on dandelion
- Episode 12: Medicinal teas for your hormonal health
- Episode 13: Vitalist approach to balancing hormones with Heather Luna
- Episode 17: How stress messes with our hormones
- Episode 18: Herbal uterine tonics
- Episode 22: Herbal spotlight on nettles
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs* (globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs)
- Pacific Botanicals (California-grown and globally sourced herbs)
- Banyan Botanicals (Ayurvedic herbs)
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
- Zack Woods Herb Farm (VT)
- Healing Spirits (NY)
- Sawmill Herb Farm (MA)
- Oshala Farm (OR)
- Meetinghouse Farm (ME)
- Sonoma County Herb Exchange (CA)
* affiliate link (I would only ever become an affiliate for a company I already trust and buy from myself, you can always google it and get there on your own if you'd prefer not to use my link)
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.