Motherwort (Leonorus cardiaca)
Oh, motherwort! Such an indispensable herb for those of us with wombs.
No matter what phase of life you're in, there's likely some way motherwort can support you... and I'm really not exaggerating.
Motherwort is specific for everything from anxiety + stress (which can often be exacerbated by hormonal shifts), to easing menstrual cramps, to supporting a mama or parent postpartum, to calming a racing heart which is common in perimenopause.
Truly, an herb for all seasons of our wombs.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- why I turn to motherwort often in my life
- basics about plant identification and growing
- similarities between western motherwort and Chinese motherwort
- historical understandings of working with motherwort
- modern actions and clinical applications in your own body
- updates on recent research on motherwort's actions
- Learn to grow motherwort in this FREE herbal gardening basics guide
- Episode 4: Herbal spotlight on tulsi / holy basil
- Episode 6: Gardening for your menstrual health
- Episode 18: Uterine tonics
- Episode 25: Immediate postpartum care the herbal way
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs* (globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs)
- Pacific Botanicals (California-grown and globally sourced herbs)
- Banyan Botanicals (Ayurvedic herbs)
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
- Zack Woods Herb Farm (VT)
- Healing Spirits (NY)
- Sawmill Herb Farm (MA)
- Oshala Farm (OR)
- Meetinghouse Farm (ME)
- Sonoma County Herb Exchange (CA)
* affiliate link (I would only ever become an affiliate for a company I already trust and buy from myself, you can always google it and get there on your own if you'd prefer not to use my link)
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.