A whole-being approach to bacterial vaginosis
with certified nurse-midwife Sofia Lorelle Campbell
Vaginal infections. Bacterial vaginosis.
Yep, we're going there.
Okay, I know vaginal infections are probably not your favorite topic.
But let's be real, they're a thing, and most of us deal with them at some point in our lives.
And BV is among the most common. And is also one of the most likely to be recurrent.
So, if you've had BV, and then you've had it again, and then again, you're not alone.
On today's episode, Certified Nurse-Midwife Sofia Lorelle shares all about what the heck BV is, ways to know you have it, what the conventional treatments are and why she's ended up seeking out a variety of more integrative, whole-being approaches to it.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- what BV actually is + risk factors
- how to know if you've got BV (without clinical testing)
- what the conventional treatment methods are
- some alternative approaches that may be helpful
- what else might be going on or underlying if BV is recurrent
- how your mindset or life circumstances may be playing a role
- how this might all apply to other health challenges in your life
If recurrent vaginal infections are a thing for you, definitely check out these two episodes as well:
- Episode 9: Your vaginal microbiome
- Episode 17: How stress messes with your hormones (also relevant to vaginal health)
And if you want to learn more from or work with Sofia herself, check out the links below!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast and blog is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.