Oh my friends, these times are very alive with change, aren't they?
And somehow, change often brings up divisions and perspectives that feel very rooted in one way or another, as if somehow there are only two paths forward.
But there are many paths to deeply connected, herbally influenced reproductive sovereignty.
And ideally, we each have the opportunity to make choices about what feels true and right for us.
What am I talking about?
Well, I'm talking about access to abortion, I'm talking about herbal approaches, and I'm talking about getting more of the whole picture so you can make truly informed choices that aren't swayed by the waves of social media influence.
We don't have to agree (I don't agree with all of my colleagues or teachers and I believe that's healthy), but I think it's worth having a conversation and telling our own stories, especially in this time, so that we can learn from each other.
The more we know, the better choices we can make.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- why I think black and white perspectives on herbal approaches are too limited
- how "rights" are actually an external concept, and you ALWAYS have choice
- simple ways to incorporate pregnancy prevention + natural contraception into your life
- why I don't personally think DIY herbal abortion is the best option
- what herbal categories are involved in herbal approaches + how they impact the body
- a quick overview of medication and clinical abortion methods
- my personal story of an herbal abortion + some other stories I've heard
- how herbal approaches are SO MUCH more complicated than medicated approaches
- my personal idealistic view of reproductive sovereignty
- the importance of personal, informed choice
Cycle Tracking, Contraception + Fertility Awareness for Pregnancy Prevention
- Free step-by-step guide to fertility awareness method: Track Your Cycle
- Episode 5: Are you Ovulating? How to Tell (+ why it matters)
- Episode 7: Natural Contraception? All about Wild Carrot with Mischa Schuler
- Episode 23: Your Body on Birth Control with Gabrielle Jansen
Abortion Access, Organizations to Support, Places to Donate
- Learn your rights and how to access abortions - Repro Legal Helpline
- Find your local abortion funds - National Network of Abortion Funds
- List of Abortion organizations + resources inside and outside the US - All Options
Holistic Abortion Education + Resources
- Holistic Abortions Instagram account
- Best of Both Worlds - Herbs + Medication in Abortion + Miscarriage recorded class
- Full Spectrum Midwife + Educator Molly Dutton-Kenny's website
- Live class, July 9th, 7pm Eastern - Intro to Home Abortion Care + Provision
- Digital privacy re: Pregnancy + Abortion care - Digital Defense Fund
- Reproductive justice reading list - Black Women Radicals
- My IG post on why I don't recommend DIY herbal abortions
- Aviva Romm on medicated abortions (read slides + caption)
- Aviva Romm on herbal abortion safety (read caption)
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is for educational purposes only, I am not providing any medical advice, I am not a medical practitioner, I’m an herbalist and in the US, there is no path to licensure for herbalists, so my role is as an herbal educator. Please do your own research and consult your healthcare provider for any personal health concerns.
Trusted sources for bulk herbs:
- Mountain Rose Herbs* (globally-sourced organic and wild-crafted herbs)
- Pacific Botanicals (California-grown and globally sourced herbs)
- Banyan Botanicals (Ayurvedic herbs)
REGIONAL, FARM-BASED COMPANIES
- Zack Woods Herb Farm (VT)
- Healing Spirits (NY)
- Sawmill Herb Farm (MA)
- Oshala Farm (OR)
- Meetinghouse Farm (ME)
- Sonoma County Herb Exchange (CA)
* affiliate link (I would only ever become an affiliate for a company I already trust and buy from myself, you can always google it and get there on your own if you'd prefer not to use my link)
Sign up to receive regular herbal womb wisdom-filled love notes and podcast updates straight to your email box.
You can always unsubscribe if you're not into it. Your privacy is paramount. I'll never share your info with anyone. Pinky swear.